The Health Academy
Health Occupations education programs prepare individuals to assist health professionals in
providing diagnostic, therapeutic, preventative, restorative, and rehabilitative services to
The Health Academy is a two-year program in which students have the
- Develop a strong academic and technical skills base for lifelong learning
- Participate in real-world, hands-on, challenging technical studies
- Take high school coursework with options beyond high school which include Collins
Career Center Adult Education Programs and several regional college campuses.
- Choose form several career path options
- Establish a relationship with future employers through job shadowing experiences and
The junior year curriculum is also offered at our satellite campus at Ironton High School.
Post Secondary Education Opportunities
Students who complete high school health programs at Collins Career Center and meet
attendance, grade, and entrance requirements may be eligible to receive priority registration
and partial scholarship for Collins Career Center post-secondary health programs.